Malaria and dengue fever are two of the most common disease caused by mosquitoes. There are also other insect-borne diseases caused by several insects. Insect repellents have been used to prevent insects from landing on the skin, clothes, and other surfaces. Some of these products are designed to ward off the insects and send them flying away. However, there are also repellent products which can actually kill the insects.
Natural products have been used as insect repellents. Essential oils such as neem oil, citronella, and lemongrass are known as natural insect repellents. A lot of natural oils have been processed into products such as lotion, oil spray, and soaps. These oils interfere with the insects’ neurotransmitter. Did you also know that lavender soap can also serve as an insect repellent? The fragrant smell of the soap which is loved by people is apparently hated by some insects.
How Lavender Soap Combats Insects Such As Mosquitoes And flies?
- Lavender oil has always been used as a bug repellent.
- The lavender soap has a soothing effect just in case you have been bitten by insects.
- It has been used for centuries to protect clothes from moths and other insects.
- It can prevent the spread of infections caused by insect bites.
What are the other benefits of using lavender products?
- Lavender is known for its therapeutic properties.
- It contains 40 percent linalyl acetate and 30 percent linalool.
- These products have calming effects which are very suitable if you are under a lot of stress.
- It is made up of natural oil which has anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
Even though lavender is non-toxic it is known to be abortive as well. Pregnant women should avoid lavender essential oil. However, the most important thing is that it is indeed true that lavender and lavender-based products have insecticidal properties.